cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJKIT

Re: 3635 Windows 7 Pro - Can't scan via SMB

Jump to solution

I want to thank Fabio and Bits.

This is working perfectly!  I am not sure what fixed it because I changed numerous settings.  Publlic nretork to private.  Encrypition from 128 to lower level.  Disallowed anonymous users and choose user and passward required.  I changed network workgroup from home to work.  On share folder I gave user and everyone full control.  I reinstallled NIC driver.  I lowered User Account Control UAC to one notch above off.   With McAfee Total Protection I opened ports 139 and  445.

0 Kudos
Fabio
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Jump to solution

no , there is no v2
at the login prompt , where you entered username , there you have to enter domainname\username...

but i found another tip :

During SMB scanning machine would error with message on UI-- "Job failed because file name is invalid"

Message probably should read invalid "folder" name as customer was scanning to a folder on the server which was named xerox scanner- but must have had some invisible/invalid characters. The customer changed the folder name to read just scanner, and we input the corrected path into the web ui and scanning worked OK. I was able to duplicate this on another -working- machine, by adding a slash into the name field for document path.

0 Kudos
JJKIT

Jump to solution

A Xerox tech person installed firmware a few weeks ago.  It shows up on the machine as firmware 20.102.03.016 but does not have v2 after it.  Is this the correct one, or is there actually a v2 version? 

I don't know how to enter DOMAIN\login.  I mean on scan network setup fields are host name (or IP address), share, doc path, login name, password.  Sorry this is kind a Greek to me.

0 Kudos
Fabio
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Jump to solution

i saw some fixes in the release notes , install that one i posted earlier...

also i found this tip :

WORKAROUND: The SMB Filing Destination Login must be specified in <DOMAIN\login> format, please use UPPER CASE for the DOMAIN: example <DOMAIN\login>.

0 Kudos
JJKIT

Jump to solution

I am getting an error message of "error naming file".

Using wireshark it seems the problem is that Windows 7 is requiring token signing for the SMB information, which the printer does not support currently.  Is there a way to change security settings to disable this? 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

It does work.

Try the following:

- create a user account on the Win7 machine with a password

- make sure you add that account with read/write previledges to the shared folder

- disable the firewall

- use the ip address of the Win7 machine instead of the host computer name in the scan setup

Try to scan

If it works then I'd use the host computer name and try again, then enable firewall and try again to see if either of these were the issue.

0 Kudos
Fabio
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Jump to solution

can you post the error you have? i have never head problems scanning trough SMB on windows 7

Also always upload the latest software , you can call xerox to obtain this release : SPAR_Release_20.102.03.016_v2

you can always use FTP scanning if you dont get it to work , IIS is a standard feature in windows 7

Fabio

0 Kudos
JJKIT

3635 Windows 7 Pro - Can't scan via SMB

Jump to solution
Product Name: Other - specify product in post

We had the 3635 scan via smb to a shared folder with XP working.  We upgraded to Windows 7 and a new Dell Opiflex 780.  Nothing we have tried has allowed us to scan via smb.

Has anyone gotten 3635 to scan via smb using Windows 7?  We have called Xerox for 2 wks, and gotten no help.

0 Kudos