cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
11 Replies
at

Re: Setting up Workcentre Pro 232 scanning

Yes. 

But can I use the SMB (windows shared drive with Windows Server 2008 domain controller)?

0 Kudos
Cmykster

@tray1empty:

Do you have the HTTP/IPP turned on in the machine's settings, in the network=> TCP/IP?

Chances are the connection is just turned off (though it should be on by default), so accessing CWIS is not possible.

0 Kudos
at

Did you get the network scanning to work?

I setup the file repository but when I scan, the Xerox machine doesn't tell me what is the error.  I just times out.

How can I check if it's a network or authentication issue.

I'm trying to use the SMB with my Windows server 2008 domain.

Please help someone!

0 Kudos

I desired to refresh this post. I continue to have problems being able to access the onboard CWIS for my Xerox Workcentre Pro 232. I am not able to access it and I am not sure why. I do have the Global Driver installed and AM able to print to it perfectly fine. I desire to netwrk scan and maybe even email from the machine. But I cannot seem to access the machine from my workstation. I get errors saying the machine will not accept incoming connections. Which is wierd 'cuz I have IPP/HTTP enabled and my config report states the same. I can ping it in CMD window too. I am running a Dell T1600 under windows 7 pro 64 bit, no antivirus or security software. Generally using firefox but also went "back" to IE just to see what gives.

SO bad I want this to work, I pulled the hard drive and the battery to see if that would work but to no avail.

One thing that is perplexing is that I do not have wired internet into my local LAN router. I have my local LAN separated from internet use just cuz I use my laptop for web needs. My workstation and printer are for office apps only and I don'tr know if thats important or not. If anyone could read or re-read my thread and pass along any ideas I would be most grateful. the local Xerox office wants $300 bills just to come out for an initial visit and I just don't have that into the machine itself. I even went so far to install CentreWare 5922 but that fails and locks up about 70% through the install process. I am so frustrated, its not supposed to be this hard to extend the machines capabailities.

0 Kudos

did 1.

did 2.

download 3. but without being able to get into the CWIS, cannot upgrade. I am comfortable upgrading the firmware, its downloaded now, but there is not much else I can do without communicating with the CWIS.

the current firm is 13.060.18.000 so based on what you have offered, yes need to go to 13.60.22.xxx.

when comparing both config pages, there is little to no change with setup parameters.

so still no change. I will explore proxy and web browsing here now..

the only other thing I can think of is my LAN does not have internet wired to it. should that make a difference? I'm printing and copying with out a problem, jut can't penetrate the CWIS.

any more suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Kudos

Replying to the question from PeterAXCUMD-AA Agency Analyst, first:

I'm running no Norton or McAfee products.

What are the IPV4 settings for the Xerox and your computer?

for my wired LAN, the adapter shows IPV4 (and V6) as checked and enabled, both property windows indicate that IP's are obtained automatically and DNS server adfdress acquired automatically. under alternative config, automatic private IP

Indeed I do not prefix the address with http nor https, just the raw IP.

Could you clarify for me a 'crossover cable'? the manuals speak of an usb a to b cable for direct connection, but this particular setup does not the PIC card to handle direct usb b connections. I purchased a usb A to A cable (for data transfer) but that didn't work (it was only $4 bucks on amazon and thought I'd give it a shot.

So still stuck here, will address RuiC-Xerox next.

THANK  YOU FOR YOUR INPUT YOU ARE GENEROUS!

0 Kudos
RuiC-Xerox
Technical Escalation User
Technical Escalation User

Hi, 

here is my opinion... Since your printer is "new" to you but likely to have been used previously. AND because it is likely that you haven't setup much on the printer yet (this is an assumption based on the fact you can not access the webpage (CWIS)), than I would: (PLEASE READ step 3 very carefull, take your time to understand it). Software upgrades can go wrong and a service call might be required to remediate the incorrect upgrade, while the device will be left unable to produce output. Please be aware of this and follow at your own risk. Please feel free to contact our services to get a engineer booked for this purpose.

1. Print configuration report from the printer (This is just a security/prevention step)
  2. Perform a software reset (this will reset the printer from any other configuration or possible ram modules being used incorrectly).
  3. Upgrade the printer firmware (this is optional, nevertheless since we dont know which level is the printer on, plus this will make sure your device is up to date with latest features and security updates).>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Please read this section with attention. There are 3 different firmware builds depending on the hardware you have. You must identify this by the exisitng firmware version. You do that my looking at the configuration report on step 1. The firmware version can start with 12.xx. or 13.xx. or 14xx. Please download the one that starts with the same number has you have now. NEXT STEP,  is to make sure your firmware version is equal or higher than 1x.60.22.000 (the x is whatever value is your build... mentioned above.. If you are comfortable with all this paragraph use the following link to download the latest version.  otherwise please contact a representative to perform software upgrade. >>>>>> 12.xx 13.xx.; 14.xx.<<<<<< NOTE: If your machine has x.50.03.11 software, DO NOT UPGRADE! Please place a service call to have a technician load this new software.
  4. Configure TCP/IP settings (I believe you are using DHCP, therefore Dynamic settings will be ok)
  5. Access CWIS (webpage)
  6. Configure network scanning (This would be my prefered option for network scanning. You will need to scan to a shared folder that is on your network. This folder can exist on a normal workstation, as long as the folder is shared and the workstation is powered on when scanning.
  7. Configure Scan to email (you need to know the email relevant details from your email provider)

The problem you are having of not being able to access the CWIS (webpage) can be due to web proxy retriction on your browser, unable to connect via the desired ports (maybe these were changed on the printer side), or simply because of a certificate issue. Steps 2 and 3 above should cover this without further investigation, since in the overall it would benefit your printer.

Please select Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you.
0 Kudos
PeterAXCUMD-AA
Agency Analyst
Agency Analyst

What are the IPV4 settings for the Xerox and your computer?

Using a different browser was a good idea - might want to try a different PC, disable the firewall (sometimes a program like Norton 360 will block unknown IP addresses).

Make sure you aren't using http in front of the address, just put in the ip address as is (ie: 192.168.1.200) and make sure you are putting the ip address in the address bar and not a search bar - I have seen that happen.

If none of that works, I would use a direct connection from a pc/laptop to the Xerox machine with a crossover cable.  You would have to give the pc a temporary static ip but that would take the router/network out of the equation.

0 Kudos

when I use the cmd command window and ping the IP it comes back with positive results too btw.

why the xerox interface does not appear in the browser (either IE or Firefox, I use both) is byond me,

any other suggestions?

0 Kudos

yes, that is correct

0 Kudos