cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
5 Replies
jarome

Re: WorkCentre 6015 turns off Ethernet in standby

I have WiFi turned off, and this is still and issue. You cannot ping the printer in standby mode.

0 Kudos
pmaddy00

I am experiencing the same issues.  The printer turns off the ethernet conection after a few minutes ..and I cant ping it. I have followed some other people advice on the inetrenet such as disable PoE on the port but no joy. The NI card has been replaced by the Xerox Engineer but didnt make any difference. I have tried to use DHCP (auto IP) and even static assigned but no joy.  I think this must be a known isssue. Pls help

0 Kudos
CherylO-Xerox
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hi jarome,

Your issue is not a known issue as I stated above.  What has been provided is a potential solution with the system as it is now.  I am sorry that you did not find the manuals helpful.  I do not know if or when there will be an upgrade to the firmware for the WorkCentre 6015.  Please contact your sales representative or Xerox directly at 1-877-362-6567.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
jarome

Why hasn't Xerox provideds fixed firmware for these "known" issues? Your phone support people blather on about them without any definitive answers. And the manual is totally wrong and useless. I have spent days trying to figure this all out. Other models have had new firmware that fixes samba, for example.

0 Kudos
CherylO-Xerox
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hi jarome,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. I checked with some people on the issue(s) you seeing and here is what they said: 

"Concurrent Ethernet and USB connections are supported for this device.  Using a wired and wireless Ethernet connection concurrently is not.

As for the device not being available when in power save mode, this is not a known issue.  I would first try adding the printer using a HP Jetdirect port instead of using Bonjour.  This solution details how to add an IP printer, for the protocol select HP Jetdirect:  http://www.support.xerox.com/go/go.asp?Xlang=en_US&prodID=WC6015&objID=19339&source=DND ".

If the issue continues verify that the device is still online even when it will not print by either pinging the printer or trying to access the CentreWare Internet Services (CWIS). If it is dropping off the network you may also look at the router settings as well.  If the issue continues pease consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
jarome

WorkCentre 6015 turns off Ethernet in standby

Product Name: WorkCentre 6015

After a while, my printer goes into power-saving standby mode. It is supposed to get out of standby when a print job arrives, but when connected via ethernet, my Mac Pro (Mavericks) can no longer find the printer. Its Ethernet is apparently powered down! I have to power the printer off and on again to get the print job to go.

And I should be able to get things to work with a USB cable to my Mac AND an Ethernet connection to my network of PCs. Support says they won't work together maybe. But no matter what I do, the Mac (Mavericks) does not see the 6015 as a fax or as a scanner. I did set the printer to use FTP instead of SMB (but Xerox should fix SMB already!!!!).

Xerox support is awful.

0 Kudos